The DivorceGiant Cooperative Divorce (sm) program allows parties to work together and avoid the courts. A cooperative divorce requires trust and candor between the parties. The parties engage in good faith negotiations with the shared goal of reaching a resolution of all issues. This is accomplished by engaging in informal meetings, exchanging documents and goals among the parties and the DivorceGiant team.
How it works?
With DivorceGiant’s Cooperative Divorce (sm) program, we will help you negotiate a fair settlement without the cost and drama associated with multiple court appearances. Once a settlement is reached, we will draft all of the legal documents and provide the help you need to get a divorce.
- Potentially less costly than traditional divorce, financially and emotionally
- United front for family/kids – divorce is not only the end, but can be a new beginning
- Promotes co-parenting
- Case can be resolved faster
- Reduces conflict; fosters civility
- Less pressure
- Promotes trust and communication
- Less time going to court
- Parties control own future as opposed to 3rd party making decision
- No “I will see you in court” or “have your attorney call my attorney”
- Avoids litigation that may increase acrimony
- Parties prioritize their own issues
- Potential for better settlement that can be customized to your family’s specific needs that a court could not/would not do
- Parties intimately involved
- Utilization of joint valuations and appraisers, if necessary.
- Not right for everyone – domestic violence, excess hostility, inability to communicate, lack of trust, substance abuse, mental health issues, etc.
- Both parties need to be able to communicate without hostility
- There must be trust between the parties that there will be full disclosure of assets/liabilities
- Could breakdown and turn evolve into traditional divorce.
Unlike the competition, DivorceGiant’s Cooperative Divorce(sm) works. Our experienced trial attorneys understand the divorce process and all of the dirty divorce tricks so if things don’t go as planned your protected.
What is included?
We include all of the documents to complete a basic divorce without any hidden costs:
☑ Completion of all documents. (Summons, Complaint for Divorce, Proof of Service, Basic discovery requests, Judgment of divorce*, Judgment Information forms and Uniform Support Orders).
☑ Child support documents
☑ Parenting time plans
☑ Alimony plans
☑ Name change provision for the wife
☑ We guarantee that 100% of our documents will be court approved.
☑ Collaborative attorney time billed hourly.
How much does it cost?
*Includes 5 hours of attorney time.
*Filing fee and additional attorney time billed hourly
What is not included?
☑ Additional attorney time.
We believe that you are responsible for everything in your life no matter the external circumstances. You don’t always control what happens to you, but you can control how you interpret what happens to you and how you respond. That is why, at DivorceGiant we give you proven, effective choices for managing your divorce and choosing how you respond to your situation.
The three choices are a traditional divorce, cooperative divorce and an assisted divorce.
In a traditional divorce, an experienced divorce lawyer represents you and your interests, focusing on results, by preparing for trial. In a cooperative divorce, an experienced lawyer will still represent one party, but with a focus on cooperative settlement and if the other party cooperates, legal fees can be reduced. In an assisted divorce you represent yourself and we provide you the documents and guidance necessary to navigate the court system with a significant savings over a traditional or cooperative divorce.
These three choices provide you with the freedom to decide how you divorce, how you find happiness and justice. We put you in control of how your divorce impacts you and more importantly how it impacts your family.
About the author.
I have been exclusively practicing divorce and family law in Michigan for over two decades. Our attorneys share the core value of practicing law to help people navigate change in their lives, without compromising principles. We specialize in high socio-economic, high-profile and high-conflict cases, while also working with clients of all backgrounds. We recognize that the most important aspect of the practice of law is the application of the law to your specific circumstances.